“The World Health Assembly is the supreme decision-making body for WHO. It generally meets in Geneva in May each year, and is attended by delegations from all 194 Member States. Its main function is to determine the policies of the Organization. The Health Assembly appoints the Director-General, supervises the financial policies of the Organization, and reviews and approves the Proposed programme budget. It similarly considers reports of the Executive Board, which it instructs in regard to matters upon which further action, study, investigation or report may be required.” (Source: WHO)
- The World Health Assembly: see Governing Body documentation
- WHA71: provisional agenda
- WHA71 side events: A calendar of formal and informal side events will be published on the G2H2 website – send your announcements to email@example.com
- See also: WHO call for proposals (NSA in Official Relations): Side events to the WHA
- Civil society meetings ahead of the WHA71 will take place on 18-19 May 2018 – Save the dates!