Establishment of a One Health Global Leaders Group on Antimicrobial Resistance as recommended by the United Nations ad hoc Interagency Coordination Group (IACG) on Antimicrobial Resistance (WHO public discussion. Deadline: 8 November 2019)
The following call published on the WHO Website is herewith reproduced, as a service to G2H2 members and partners:
“In April 2019, the IACG handed over its report to the Secretary-General of the United Nations. The report included recommendations in five areas: A) Accelerate progress in countries, B) Innovate to secure the future, C) Collaborate for more effective action, D) Invest for a sustainable response and E) Strengthen accountability and global governance. As part of the recommendations on accountability and governance, the IACG recommended the urgent establishment of a One Health Global Leaders Group on Antimicrobial Resistance, supported by a Joint Secretariat managed by the Tripartite agencies (FAO, OIE and WHO). In the June 2019 report, Follow-up to the political declaration of the high-level meeting of the General Assembly on antimicrobial resistance, the Secretary-General invited the Tripartite Organizations, United Nations organizations, the World Bank and all relevant international, regional and national organizations, partners and stakeholders, including civil society and the private sector, to assist in implementing the recommendations of the IACG and to provide Member States with the needed political, technical, advocacy and financial support in that regard. The Secretary-General also called upon the Tripartite Organizations to establish a joint secretariat and, through the support of the joint secretariat further define the modalities of implementation in a transparent manner and undertake the required institutional and governance arrangements. In response, and in consultation with the Secretary-General’s office, the Tripartite Organizations drafted terms of reference and proposed next steps of establishing the One Health Global Leaders Group on Antimicrobial Resistance.
The Tripartite Organizations are engaging with Members States and partners through web-based discussions and relevant events, with the objective to obtain feedback and refine the terms of reference of the One Health Global Leaders Group on Antimicrobial Resistance before finalization.
When providing feedback, the Tripartite Organizations would appreciate receiving input on the following questions:
- Accountability: Who should the group be accountable to?
- Measure of success: What is the perceived ideal measure of success for the group?
- Key Performance Indicators: What should be the Key Performance Indicators of the group?
- Value proposition for members of the group: What are the incentives to attract experienced and high-level leaders
- Prioritization: How should the group prioritize its functions?
The deadline for providing feedback is 8 November 2019. Please send your feedback to: email@example.com and note the following guidance:
- Include the full name, title and affiliation of the respondent (e.g. representing a Member State, organization or individual) in the e-mail.
- Feedback should be submitted either directly in the body of the e-mail or as an e-mail attachment (Word document or PDF). Track changes or comments in the original document will not be considered.
- Feedback should be precise, feasible and action-orientated.
- When applicable, we encourage intersectoral discussions while considering feedback.
The Tripartite Organizations will give due consideration to all comments received but will not respond to individual comments directly. All feedback received will be posted publicly on this webpage.”
Source: WHO website